I decided to make my own selection boxes this year. I had plans to do this weeks ago but here I am doing it last minute on Christmas Eve. It’s not too late if you have some free from treats in the house.
First of all, what to put in it. Here’s some of my bits and pieces:
Choices Chocolate or Chocolate Orange buttons
Choices Caramel sweets
Fox’s Party Rings bag
Organix gingerbreadman mini bags
Mini pack of oreos
Snowman marshmallows from Aldi
Free from chocolate bars
The first way is the simplest.
1) Keep the packaging of a normal chocolate selection box. (You could even go so far as to buy one just for the packaging and give the contents to someone who can have dairy chocolate).
2) Then you can fit in any bars or sweets you like into each of the spaces.
3) Cover the box with wrapping paper, really well so it still opens like the original box, but you can’t see the pictures of all the dairy chocolate items.
1) Find another box that will suit, I do a lot of online shopping so there are many boxes available this time a year. If you can’t find a box then you can just wrap your selection up.
2) Use a piece of cardboard, or the back of a cereal box, and using double sided seloptape or by rolling the selotape stick on each item that you want to include. If you using a box like the one in picture 2 above, you can stick the items to one side and then just fold it over before wrapping it.
3) Pop the insert into the box and wrap the box. You can decorate with stickers etc. if you wish.
Dairy free biscuit tin
The biscuit tin is even easier. Keep an old one, especially important is to keep the insert. Then buy lots of free from biscuits.
Insert a few of each biscuit type into the tin insert. Voila, a tin of dairy free biscuits to produce when visitors arrive or to bring with you if you are visiting.
Privacy & Cookies Policy
Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. These cookies do not store any personal information.