Another chocolate brownie recipe… This one is using this recipe but made into Christmas Trees. You could also use this base recipe and decorate as below.My boys were so excited to help make these and to gobble them up too.
You will need:
300g caster sugar
100g dairy free dark chocolate
50g ground almonds
70g self-raising Flour
*3 candy canes
*Green writing icing
*Sprinkles / Silver Balls
(*check packaging to ensure dairy free)
1. Preheat the oven to 180C (170C for fan oven). Line a baking tin with baking paper.
2. Break up the chocolate and melt with the margarine in a glass bowl over a pot of boiling water.
3. Stir until glossy and set aside.
4. Mix the flour, sugar, almonds and cocoa in a bowl and then pour in the chocolate mixture.
5. Beat the eggs and add to the bowl. Mix until smooth.
6. Pour into tin and bake for 25 minutes. The top will be hard but inside will be very soft.
7. Allow to cool. Cut into long strips. Then cut each strip in a zig-zag fashion so you end up with triangles.
8. Cut candy canes into inch-long pieces. Stick each piece into the base of each brownie, like a tree trunk.
9. Decorate the top of the tree with the writing icing and sprinkles.