2014 will see the very first FreeFrom Eating OutAwards for the Uk and Ireland. The organisers are looking for YOUR help.
The awards are designed to raise awareness of the new allergen regulations coming into effect in December and to encourage excellence in free-from catering.
If you have a favourite gluten free or free from restaurant please email their contact details to the Free From Food Awards crew and they will contact them to enter. You can also leave me a comment below and I’ll pass on the details.
There are seven categories:
1. Individual restaurants and restaurant chains
2. Individual pub restaurants and pub restaurant chains
3. Cafés, tea shops and takeaways – individual and chains
4. Guest houses and B&Bs
5. Schools, colleges and universities
6. Hospitals, prisons and the military
7. Food manufactured for food service
Entry closes at the end of August so please send on your free from restaurant suggestions as soon as possible.
Judging for the awards will take place over the summer and a shortlist will be published in September. The presentation of the winners will be at the Food Matters Live event in London in November.