This October and November will see Ireland’s first ever Allergy and Free From Expo. There are two locations – The RDS in Dublin 11th-12th October and in City Hall in Cork 8th–9th November. Described as: ‘Ireland’s premier event for anyone leading a free from life’ , this is the first time I’ve seen anything like this on Irish shores and I will be very excited to pop along and see what is going on. The expos are family friendly and there is information, advice, seminars and demonstrations. It should be a good chance to pick up lots of tips for living with allergies or living free from.
Here’s some of what will be on offer:
The Seminar Zone – Free to attend seminars from leading experts offering the latest advice, research and findings on allergies, coeliac disease and food intolerances.
- Dr. Joe FitzGibbon, GP giving a talk on Bad Reactions to Good Food – A Spotlight on Allergy, Fatigue, and Nutrition
- Dr. Edel Keaveney speaking on Reading Food Labels – Nutrition & Allergen Information
- Dr. Denise Kelly, PhD will give a talk on Food Allergy & Intolerances & Quality of Life Issues
- Dr. Dilis Clare, G.P will host a seminar on Helpful Herbs for Allergies
- Parent Accounts: The Every Day Challenges for a Family Living with Allergies and Anaphylaxis
The Kitchen – Free cooking classes, demonstrations, recipes and tastings from leading chefs.
- Kevin Dundon, one of Ireland’s best-loved chefs, owner of Dunbrody House & Cookery School & food ambassador for SuperValu Ireland.
- Erika Doolan, Nutritionist to Rustic Stone & Fade Street Social restaurants who will demo the Benefits of Incorporating Raw Food & Juicing into your Daily Lifestyle.
- Eddie Eriksson, Chef at Cornucopia, wholefood and vegetarian restaurant giving us a ‘Flexitarian’ Approach to Family Cooking.
- Lorraine Fitzmaurice, Owner of Blazing Salads will be Cooking up a Storm for your Free From Family
- Tara Canning, Nutritionist, Dietitian & Master Chef giving a Gluten & Dairy Free Baking Demo
- Keith Kenny, chef and author of Ireland’s first Dairy & Gluten Free recipe book ‘Cookabilty’ where all royalties are donated to Irish Cancer Society. The title of Keith’s demo is Free From Dishes from Savoury to Sweet.
1-2-1 Advice Clinics – One of the key elements of The Allergy & Free From Expos, allowing visitors the opportunity to speak privately to our experts to discuss their concerns and/or to seek answers for any pressing questions or symptoms. Supporting patient associations exhibiting include Anaphylaxis Ireland while the Irish Skin Foundation and the Asthma Society of Ireland are providing nurses for the 1-2-1 clinics.
Tastings – Exhibitors will offer free tastings of their wares.
Shopping Zone – Shop till you drop with over 100 exhibitors offering the latest free from products, services, therapies, treatments and solutions.
Tickets for the Expos are on sale from Ticketmaster.ie and our €10 Early Bird Offer allowing 2 people entry for the price 1 is not to be missed. Children under 12 go FREE.
It is great to see something like this happening in Ireland and hopefully it will be a useful, informative and fun day out for anyone living free from in Ireland.
You can find more info on www.theallergyexpo.ie or www.facebook.com/TheAllergyExpo
Disclaimer: The organisers sent me on details of the Expo but I have not been paid to promote it and all views are my own.