I thought I had the perfect recipe for brownies, that is until I tasted these ones! I googled dairy free brownies and the first link was for a BBC Good Food recipe which I hadn’t seen before. These were the fudgiest richest most delicious brownies I’ve ever tasted. And 100% dairy free.
300g caster sugar
100g dairy free chocolate
50g ground almonds
70g self-raising Flour
1. Preheat the oven to 180C (170C for fan oven). Line a square baking tin with baking paper.
2. Break up the chocolate and melt with the margarine in a glass bowl over a pot of boiling water.
3. Stir until glossy and set aside.
4. Mix the flour, sugar, almonds and cocoa and then pour into the chocolate mixture.
5. Beat the eggs in a cup and add to the bowl. Mix until smooth.
6. Pour into tin and bake for 25 minutes. The top will be hard but inside will be very soft.
7. Allow to cool and cut into pieces.
8. Serve warm with dairy free vanilla ice-cream.