This is Sinead from Bumbles of Rice‘s recipe for banana bread, it is yummy, healthy and dairy free! My boys love it.
3 1/2 cups plain flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
2 tsps bread soda
1/2 tsp salt
1/3 cup sunflower oil
1 1/3 cup brown sugar
1 tblsp vanilla essence
3 cups mashed black bananas (6-8 bananas) – these must be black
Optional: chocolate chips, walnuts, chopped mixed nuts to taste
Makes two 2lb loaves
- Preheat oven to 180 centigrade (350F/Gas 4)
- Whisk dry ingredients with a metal whisk until well blended.
- In a large bowl blend all the wet ingredients with an electric mixer until creamy.
- Add dry ingredients to wet and with a few swift strokes blend by hand until smooth.
- Then add optional nuts or chocolate chips.
- Pour into greased non-stick loaf pans and bake for 50-60 minutes or until a toothpick or cake tester inserted into the center of the loaf comes out clean. (I usually take out after 40 minutes).
- Cool on rack.
- Recipe doubles or triples easily, and extra loaves freeze well.