2 medium eggs
100g caster sugar
50 dairy free margarine
- Cream the sugar and margarine together. Beat the eggs and slowly add them to the mixture, stirring all the while.
- Grate the zest and squeeze the lemons. Add the zest and juice to the mixture. It will look like it is curdled at this stage, but it will be fine once heated.
- Place mixture in a saucepan on low heat and stir continuously until margarine has melted.
- Raise the heat to medium, and continue to stir until it thickens; this takes about 15 minutes. Do not allow it to boil, remove from heat temporarily or turn down heat if you are afraid it is starting to stick.
- Pour into a sterilized jar and allow to cool before sealing.
- Enjoy on it’s own on bread or in a dessert such as lemon meringue or lemon sponge cake.