It had been quite a while since I opened Sheila Kiely’s Gimme the Recipe book, but I was on a quest for some goodies to bake recently. I always find lots I want to make when I open the book and I’m always pleasantly surprised all over again how easy and quick the steps are and how I usually have most of the ingredients already in my larder. Today we make these blueberry muffins and changed the recipe to make it dairy free. They were a huge hit.
100g dairy free margarine (I used pure sunflower)
175g caster sugar
250g self raising flour
1 tsp baking powder
200ml oat milk (soy or rice milk would probably work too!)
1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 160C/Gas 4 (150 for fan oven)
- Melt the margarine in microwave and set aside to cool.
- Sieve flour and baking powder into a bowl and stir in the sugar.
- Rinse blueberries and beat the eggs.
- Add milk to the margarine and then add eggs and vanilla extract. Stir well.
- Add the milk mixture to the flour and sugar and mix well.
- Fold in the blueberries.
- Pour the mixture into a jug and then pour into the muffin cases.
- Bake for 20 minutes until golden.
- Cool on a wire rack.