- 200g oats
- 125g dairy-free margarine
- 60g brown sugar
- 60ml golden syrup
- 25g sesame seeds
Let your kids help you choose any two from this list:
- 50g mixed fruit
- 50g dried cranberries
- 50g raisins
- 50g chocolate chips (dairy-free)
- 50g sultanas
- 50g chopped dried apricots
1. Preheat oven to 180◦ C / Gas 4 and line a Swiss roll tin with baking paper.
2. Over a medium heat melt the margarine, golden syrup and brown sugar.
3. Mix the oats, your fruit or chocolate choices and sesame seeds in a bowl.
4. Pour the melted mixture into the bowl and mix well.
5. Turn out onto the baking tray and flatten it down really well with a potato masher.
6. Bake in the preheated oven for 20-25 minutes. Allow to cool before removing from tray.
7. Cut to shape.
8. Place flapjacks into bun cases for ease of transport for lunch-boxes or picnics.
dairy-free, egg-free, gluten-free if you use gf oats.