We are big fans of banana bread in this house, and this slight variation which has more of a brown bread feel, was borne out of a shortage of plain flour. Inspired by banana bread recipe which I got from Sinead from Bumbles of Rice.
Half and Half Banana Bread
A wholemeal banana bread, a more filling version of the old favourite.
- 200g Plain Flour
- 100g Wholemeal Flour
- 150g Brown Sugar
- 3 Eggs
- 6 very ripe bananas
- 80ml sunflower oil
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 2 tsp. bread soda
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- Seeds of 1 vanilla pod
- Preheat oven to 180C/ 170C Fan Oven/ 350F / Gas 4.
- Grease and line two 2lb loaf tins.
- Mix flours, baking powder, bread soda, salt, vanilla seeds and sugar in a large bowl.
- Blend eggs, oil and banana well and then fold in dry ingredients in stages and blend with a wooden spoon until smooth.
- Pour half of mixture into each loaf tin and bake for 50-60 minutes or until a wooden skewer inserted into the center of the loaf comes out clean.
- Cool on wire rack.
- Serve on its own or with your favourite dairy free spread or jam.
- This banana loaf is suitable for freezing.
- Allow to cool completely before freezing, and defrost fully before eating.
dairy free kids http://dairyfreekids.ie/
Joining this week’s #FreeFromFridays with this recipe.
I am thrilled to be shortlisted in Blog Awards Ireland 2015. If you have 2 minutes I would really appreciate your vote!